Friday, July 17, 2009

Obama Bumper Stickers

I don't see many Obama bumper stickers anymore. Maybe it's because people are cleaning up old business and with their Jughead as president they've made their point and scraped them off the chrome. It might be wishful thinking on my part that the worm is turning and some lights are going on in peoples heads. I mean, we had to put up with Kerry-Edwards stickers throughout the Bush administration. My neighbor, three condos down, had O bumper stickers on their cars until three weeks ago. One of their kids is at Ohio University so I'll cut her some slack for being young and stupid. I did notice the parents vehicle sticker had gone AWOL. That was encouraging. I get paranoid when I still see cars out on the road with our leaders name on it. I was at Starbucks yesterday, eyed an Obama logo that looks like the Pepsi ad and next to it was a Bishop Watterson H.S. sticker. That offends me.Watterson is a Catholic school.
If a vehicle with the sticker is in transit I'll speed up to see who is behind the wheel to satisfy my curiosity about what kind of idiot would be doing this. Then, as I speed around I shake my head in scorn, hoping that they see me. It's dumb and childish but it makes me feel mentally superior. There are three or four categories of humans who make up the Obama supporters: The first are college kids and I find that they are typically young ladies; the idealism in them is haunting but they'll get over it when they get married. If they experience a divorce it's back to the government trough. If they remarry they'll become whatever their new husband desires, especially if his occupation is a notch above a cable TV repairman; someone higher up on the food chain. College guys are too busy drinking beer and trying to get laid to care much about politics. Beer and sex are sequential unless there's a good sports game on TV. Then it's beer and sports.
Another group of Obamites are from a certain minority. I think 99.99999999999% of this population voted for Barry so they get a pass. I understand their joy. The third group are, and forgive me for this, very large and very homely women. I'm stereotyping, of course, but I throw them in with the Bella Abzug NOW crowd. Hear them roar!!
I'll see pickups that have Obama bumper stickers and next to it reads another announcement, "member of 2044 pipefitters-proud to be union". The hilarous thing about these trucks is there are rusted out holes all over the wheel wells and the rear end tilts in one direction due to a nearly broken axle. They're proud to be union and driving around in a pile of junk. I'd rather have a bumper sticker that reads: "Thank God for Merrill Lynch and this very cool Mercedes Benz".
Lastly, come the seasoned citizens. Unless they are Florida snowbirds a heck of a bunch of them vote Democrat. These FDR'ers still think the party who gave them a faux "social security lockbox" are the ones to save them. I'm trying to figure out how people who are going to see their health care rationed continue to support a failed party and a failed system. If they come down with a bad cold someone might as well put them on and ice floe and shove 'em out in the Arctic. However, my mother-in-law, at the time of the 2004 election, called my wife, her daughter, to tell her about a nice young man named Dennis Kucinich who came to speak at their nursing home. God bless my now deceased ninety year old mom in law. The wife let her know that her dad would not allow the "squirt boy" from Ohio into his house and that was the end of that. So, our elderly can many times be hornswooggled. Because we love them we give them much leeway in matters of everyday things.
I'm sure there are other segments of the great unwashed who love BO and if you know of any let me know.
Dang! I forgot members of the teachers unions. There's a group that needs to be exposed. I didn't bring up ACORN but they are a complete story in themselves.
I'm having a ton of fun watching Pelosi, Biden and Obama. This IS a sitcom, isn't it!

No comments: