Saturday, August 8, 2009

Television

As God is my witness I have never, ever watched a reality TV show. I've never seen American Idol. Maybe five years ago all the bachelor shows started but I happened to be the only American not to tune in. I've never seen 'Dogs Run Wild", 'Let's Lose A Million Pounds' or 'Trading Spouses'. So here's the question: with so many non creative shows on television why aren't there more and better written shows on the telly? There must be a great many writers with very creative talent who are sitting at home waiting for the next great sitcom, drama or made for TV movie.
My wife and I are huge fans of "The Closer" with Kyra Sedgwick. It's the best there is. Law and Order continues to entertain even though Lenny Briscoe is gone. He was to L&O what Connery was to James Bond.
Watch The Closer on TNT Monday nights. You'll become addicted rapidly.

No comments: