Monday, November 21, 2011

Telling It The Way It Is

The Schrock Road golf driving range in Westerville, Ohio is one of my favorite places to hang out. I started going there in 1989 and have continued, off and on, since. I even worked there for awhile in the winter of 2008. They have heated cubicles just so you don't think I was joshing you.
Anyway, I stopped in two days ago and was chatting with the owner, Eric. He's of my ilk politically and the subject of Obama's political agenda came up. I'm not known for holding back. I call it being honest. That often gets me in trouble but, hey, that's why I'm me. Out of my mouth, in front of Eric and a host of others came this: "Obama is a communist". Everyone sort of chuckled like, "humor the man for awhile. He'll be leaving soon". My question is, why do we have to veil the obvious?
The answer to all this is, Obama was born into it.
As an example, what if, when I was born, Larry and Max were avowed Marxists instead of Catholic. What if Larry took off when I was two years old and Max raised me but mostly left me with my maternal grandparents, Otis and Anna. Did I mention they were Marxists, too? Then when I was six or thereabouts, Max headed out for Indonesia and married another communist and put me in a Muslim school. Do you think there might have been some outside influences on me or did I sit around all day and watch SpongeBob Squarepants? After a couple of years Maxine got tired of me and shipped me back to Hawaii to be with the grandparents. I seemed to be getting in the way so I was farmed out to be raised, no, 'mentored' by a fellow named, Frank Marshall Davis. Did I mention that Davis was an avowed communist and Alinskyite with homosexual tendencies. Some have even stated that my mentor and I, you know, did the 'Sandusky Shuffle'. Somehow, and this hasn't been explained yet but after a high school career of shooting hoops, smoking ciggies and dabbling in some 'white powder' I came into some big time cash and went on to Occidental College, Columbia and Harvard. This was a good deal because I figured I only had enough $$$ to attend a junior college in some obscure place, Boone, Iowa maybe.
While I was in college, and this is quoted from my autobiography, I wrote at age thirty or thereabouts(who writes an autobiography when they're in their thirties?)
I spoke of the the people I admired most; radical Chicanos, Blacks, communist professors; the people I felt most comfortable being around.

So, what's the big problem with me saying the obvious instead of having people shake their heads like I'm an idiot or some kind of liberal when I tell it like it is? "Barack Obama is a communist"! I would think he would be proud of his heritage and shout it to the rooftops. I would think the media would do the same. After all, they're Alinskyites, too.

No comments: