Friday, January 20, 2017

This 'N That From Parker/Lake Havasu Arizona



Our area of wintering in western Arizona receives 3 inches of rainfall per year. We've almost exceeded that number in the last three days. This bodes a question about me and the places I pick for vacation. How does one shine a turd?

Yesterday was 'realization' day. I made the 20 mile trip to the community of Lake Havasu, the home of the London Bridge, for two reasons: replenish my supply of ear wax filters for my hearing aids and to refull my prescriptions for my meds. Here's the kicker. I didn't know where to find the ear wax filters so I walked around town looking for old timers wearing aids(which took about one minute) and asked them where they went. Sometimes I'm so smart it scares me.

The Queen and I love walking the paths of Lake Havasu, me more than her. The City was smart enough to construct men's bathroom ever quarter mile.

Parker, Arizona located 15 miles south of us is the home of very dear and most Christian of friends from the 1980's. We watched the inauguration festivities this morning and laughed at, how can I say this gracefully, oh, idiots who adored Obama.

About Mr. Trumps speech: He started with Islamic terrorists. He mentioned God twice and our Creator once. He talked about our government belonging to the people and not Washington. And, finally, not once did he use the words uttered by his predecessor in his speeches: I, me or my. How refreshing.

Parker has the deepest dam in the world, 328 feet below the surface. I thought you'd like to know that even though you can't see it unless you happen to be a burrowing earth worm.

We love the mountains across the river; thought they were the Sierra Nevada's but they aren't because I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought. I did know the Mohave Desert is behind them which does give me some credibility.(I think)

P.S. My apology. President Trump, in his speech, referred to himself three times.
From Gateway Pundit

For all the criticisms President Donald Trump receives for being a so called narcissist, critics will be unable to point to anything he said in speech as evidence of their claims.
President Donald Trump only referred to himself 3 times in the speech that contained 1,433 words.
President Trump referred to “we” an astonishing 45 times as he begins the healing process of a nation that is deeply divided as a result of the prior administration.
President Trump also referred to “you”, the people of the United States, 24 times as he made is message loud and clear: Washington is changing and the power is going back to the people.

No comments: