Thursday, August 24, 2023

On The Road

 It's been four years since I made the trip to our lake place outside of Hackensack Minneosta. There's no special reason for me not going except the 17 hour drive doesn't turn me on as it did when we first bought the place in 1994. Her Majesty goes up in July for a month. I'm guessing because she needs a break from moi and it is her own special Fortress of Solitude.

The main reason I decided to travel to the north country is to bring back all the junk I've left there over the years and to also visit with long time friends and acquaintances. I'd like to go fishing but I'm not certain there are any in Ten Mile Lake. At least that's the modus operandi from my past experiences.

A friend sent me a picture of our home taken this past May 18. As you look at it think about what winter would be like. I remember the time The Queen suggested we spend the month of December at the place. Hah! Fat chance of that.


We'll be gone for two weeks so if a world catastrophe takes place during time don't count on hearing about it from me. I might be too busy shoveling.


No comments: