Saturday, February 18, 2012

An Exhausted Michelle Takes A(nother) Vacation

Michelle Obama has taken more vacations in a year than most people take in ten. Why not. We're paying for them. This time it's a snow skiing vaca at a trendy Colorado resort in Aspen. I'll cut her some slack on this one. It has been a month since the Hawaii trip.
Back in the 70's my next door neighbor was also a teacher, name of Victor Davis. We were chatting about things we could and couldn't do. I asked him if he knew how to water ski. "I'm black and I was born and raised in Tennessee. Those white folks wouldn't let me put my finger in the water", he said. As God is my witness I did not know blacks knew how to snow ski. Basketball----yes. Snow skiing----never crossed my mind but growing up in Iowa I led a sheltered life. I hope she and the kids have a good time while they can. It can be a long time before spring vacation arrives; at least a month.

No comments: