Monday, December 11, 2017

Christmas Beggars

Well, folks, it's that time of year when we see the street corner beggars all around town. Excuse me but I lied. In Columbus, Ohio and I'm guessing every metropolitan city in the country these people are like dog poop; they're everywhere during each season of the year.

The Columbus Dispatch ran a story last summer about beggars aka the homeless. Somehow one of their crack reporters found a house inhabited with eight of these entrepreneurs. Or, at least he said so. For all I know he might have been padding his resume' but let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

In his piece he stated each of these purported 'homeless' averaged 50K a year. We'll call them tips. Tax free cash and all they have to do is hang out. That's a nice gig if you can get it.

I was driving in Dublin today and came to Hwy. 161 and Sawmill Road. It's a biggie for traffic especially during this season. I saw a sign being shown by a woman I'd never seen before. It did catch my attention. It's 35 F in Dublin today. This gal was bundled up in top coat, knee high boots and sporting a burgundy stocking cap. The best part was the sign she held. It read" 'PREGANT-need help.
Live in a car'. I'm not heartless so I began to think how she might help her cause. How about a new sign reading: 'PREGANT AND ILITRUHT' That'd be a show stopper for me. I'd have opened my wallet or written a check for her child's college education. If she was really smart she would have put a pillow under coat.

Don't call me sarcastic, either.(Even though I am).

Tis' the season to be jolly. I'm trying to be the purveyor of joy.

No comments: