Thursday, July 5, 2018

Idle Thoughts From Ten Mile Lake Minnesota

We don't have cable TV in our lake home. This is good. It's like going to the dump to look at garbage just for the heck of it.

We're all cleaning up from yesterdays storm. 70 mph winds can make life nasty. Boats were snapped from the moorings all over the lake. I lucked out. I did have a bucket full of minnows tied to my dock but they died. Five dollars down the drain. Our power was out for eight hours. I had leeches in the fridge. Five dollars down the drain or I should say flushed into the sewerage system. I hope their final resting place is enjoyable.

Today I read about a Prof from the Univ. of Pennsylvania. 'She' said on MSNBC if Trump nominates and gets Amy Coney Barrett on the Supreme Court abortions will be outlawed. She went on to say if women have miscarriages they will be thrown in jail. I couldn't figure this one out but, then again, I'm not a female college professor.

Amy Barrett is a Roman Catholic being considered for the Supreme Court. Worse yet according to the Left, she has given natural birth to five children and she and her husband have adopted two Haitian kids. The Libs are upset. Evidently, she doesn't know how to keep her legs closed.

This anti-Roman Catholic thingy has me nervous. If the lady is nominated I may have to go into hiding. I'm old enough to remember JFK running for the highest office in the land in 1960. The rumor spreading around the country was Kennedy was in cahoots with the Pope and a tunnel was being dug from Rome to D.C. under the Atlantic Ocean. The Pope, as soon as Kennedy took the oath of office, would take over the federal government. You scoff!. Remember what Josef Goebbels said, "The bigger the lie the more likely the people will believe it".

As long as we're on the subject of Catholics the real reason for Democrats angst against Barrett is they believe she will overturn Roe v. Wade. What silliness. My 42 year old son is more than brilliant. He's also a better practicing Catholic that I ever thought I could be and I'm darned good.

A few years ago he told me Roe v. Wade would not be overturned by law. In order to overturn the
law the hearts and minds of the citizenry would have to be changed. What a smart kid. Didn't you know, he takes after his mother.





No comments: