Tuesday, May 12, 2020

I Forgot To Comb My Grossly Obscene Hair


Image
This is about as much as you'll ever see of MJ Hawkeye. I don't need the attention even though if any of the Warner Bros. are still around I'm sure I'd get a contract if I took off the mask. Does anyone need a 74 year old man to act in a B movie?

There are two very dear friends of mine in Parker, Arizona. The wife is the seamstress the husband is a slug like me but takes credit for a lot of the things his wife does. It's what guys do.

Anyway, they have a son in Iowa City Iowa who is getting his doctorate degree in music(I think). I do know he and his wife along with children(one on the way) left the warmer climes for the frigid Midwest a couple of years ago. I hope he becomes as famous as Andrew Lloyd Webber so I can say I know someone famous. Or, I know the parents of someone famous.

Mrs. Mother of the young Webber made the masks for her kids so they'd be protected from the disease of history. This came to me in the mail yesterday and as God is my witness when I opened the envelope containing the  Hawkeye mask I thought it was a cover for my golf putter. You see, that's the way the mind of a Phy Ed Major works.

I called Mrs. Andrew Lloyd Webbers's soon to be be mother and we had a great laugh----mostly at my stupidity.

I promised her I'd wear it when I went to Kroger Food today(but I didn't). I'm still waiting for somebody to give me grief about why I don't wear a mask just so I can say, "because I want to make your life as miserable as possible."

I very much do appreciate the Hawkeye mask. Truth be told I had it with me at the driving range this afternoon. A guy told me, 'You should have a Minnesota Gopher mask.". I said, "Why? They haven't beaten Iowa in anything since MacArthur retook the Philippines.

Thank you to my dear lady friend in Arizona. It's the little things that turn into the most important ones and that make friendships life long

Barber shops open in Dublin, Ohio in four days. I think I'll wait another two weeks until the crowd thins out. Brother, is my barber going to get a big tip or what.

No comments: