Saturday, November 18, 2023

Why We Love Them


"If you are afraid of having given me few caresses, you should know that I have not forgotten even one.
If you regret having scolded me even once, you should know that I don't even remember it.
If you think you've left me alone for too long, you should know that I've always been waiting for you.
If you are afraid of having spent little time with me, you should know that I, even that little, have enjoyed every moment.
If you think I've forgotten about your perfume, you should know that even now I'm smelling it in the wind.
If you wanted to be reborn in another life, you should know that I would like to be your puppy in that one too.
If you are convinced that you have some flaws, you should know that for me you have been the perfect one.
If you believe that love can have an end, you should know that in my heart the place of love is infinite.
If you think you have regrets about me, you should know that I would not change a single second of the life I have spent with you.
If you think I no longer hear your voice when you call me, just entrust the sunset breeze with the task of bringing me your words.
If you think I can forget your face, you should know that I wanted to live alone to enjoy your look.
If you think I could have loved someone more than you, you should know that I have loved you more than myself.
If you think I would like a soft sofa, know that with you I would also have slept on the stones.
If you think I wanted more than you gave me, you should know that I've always felt
like the happiest puppy in the world.
If you have ever felt alone, you should know that I have never left my place next to you.
If you think my life has been short, you should know that I wouldn't have wanted to live a minute longer if I hadn't spent it by your side.
If you are afraid that I am no longer near you, know that as soon as you close your eyes I will fall asleep next to you.

No comments: