Friday, November 19, 2021

A Week In The Life

 For not going anywhere out of Dublin, Ohio for an entire 12 months the last three weeks have been like a jeep trip through Montana without roads.

Twenty-one days ago it was a three hour trip to Morgantown, West Virigina to watch my beloved Iowa State Cyclones lose a football game. Fourteen days later I took a buddy to an NFL game in Cincinnati. I took a jar of pins with me in case I wanted to shove them in my eyes. That's the way I feel about pro football. Last week-end I flew to Stillwater, Minnesota for the wedding of a young man I've watched grow from in boy beginning in 1994. I must really like the kid because it wasn't cheap: Car rental-$80 per day for two days and it was an economy vehicle. I stayed in what I called a cheap motel. Oh, I could have shelled out $150 a night bet when one is asleep they can't tell if it's a $150 room or an $80 one. 

Yours truly is an expert in motel staying. For twenty years I slept in those places four nights a week. I've stayed in bad ones and those that were worse. Last week I slept in my clothes for $85 per night. Get the picture? I knew inflation had hit when I visited a Wendy's for dinner. Six chicken nuggets and a double cheeseburger came to $9.95. Cha ching!

You all by now know how much we love our Charlie. Well, the Queen was giving him a bath and noticed a couple growths on his body;one on his foot and the other under his chin. Our new vet did a once over and told us they were warts. Whew! Then she started looking and probing and checked his teeth-KABOOM! It appears he has to have a molar removed in the next three months. Folks, if you have a dog or any other pet with teeth hold onto your shorts. My boy's tooth extraction is going to cost $579. and change. I recently had a tooth removed and a new one put in for under $700. And then the vet said, "Oh, I see another one that will have to come out in the next 12 months. If I wasn't 75 I'd become a veterinarian and save a good amount of cash.

Did you know the Rittenhouse verdict is in? Of course, you did. It's my opinion only but this case should never have gone to court. In less than 48 hours after the clash with the three felons(and, yes, they were felons) took place the dorky prosecutor brought first degree murder charges. It's impossible to ferret out all the information necessary in that short amount of time to garner this kind of material. The Left, many of whom I hope will be sued(can you say Joe Biden:) should be doing a 'biden' in their shorts right now. The cash this kid will get might be more than that of Nick Sandmann. As soon as I wrote 'Sandmann' a little birdie in my head said, "Joy Behar's a pig."

An hour ago the UK Guardian published a story reading, There are 50% more Covid cases from the vaccinated than there are from those who didn't get the shots. 

One of the great problems in this country is the damage the media has done in regard to Covid. The only names people in this country know as experts on the subject are Tony Fauci and Deborah Birx. I wonder how many esteemed doctors, experts in this field people can name. I doubt very many. Try these two on for size: Dr. Scott Atlas who is with Stanford University and Dr. Marty Makary from John Hopkins. They both think Fauci is a, not their words, moron. There are brilliant men in this country and the world whose ideas and proposed treatments for the Covid who are totally overlooked. I suspect there's a reason. People can be duped by lies. Think not? Then who's sitting in the Oval Office.


Her Majesty is in Scottsdale this week which means I have to prepare my own meals. Once again I repeat-------the greatest invention ever made for the bachelor guy is the microwave oven. The second greatest invention is the drive-thru at Popeye's.Enjoy the week-end. Go Cyclones, Go Hawkeyes!

No comments: