Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Where The Heck Is Sudan, Anyway?

 I've been giving some interest to the conflict going on in Sudan. I said 'some' not a lot. I've always considered myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to world geography but I honestly couldn't tell you where this country is located if you put a gun to my head. I knew it was in Africa but other than that not much. So, I'm still ahead of most Americans in the world in this regard.

What amazes me about the conflict, other than it's much like how we handled the get away in Afghanistan, is there are purported to be somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 Americans living in the nation. But wait! It gets better. A spokesperson for our government announced these Americans are ON THEIR OWN when it comes to saving their collective butts. There aren't enough camels in the world to get these people to safety.

I had another thought about Sudan. Let's say you worked for the Biden administration to get the guy elected. And when he was successful you tell your wife, "Honey, guess what? I was notified we're going to be sent to a foreign country as a reward for our loyalty to Joe Biden. I've been told we'll be either sent to Paris or London but almost certainly it'll be a country where we can realize the fruits of our labor." And then a telegram is sent to you saying you'll be stationed in Sudan's capitol of Khartoum. Your spouse is less than ecstatic about being sent to a country 91% Muslim but you then put her fears to rest when you tell her she can have sex with goats anytime she desires.

How far down the totem pole does a person have to be in an administration to come to the conclusion they're worthless? It's too bad we couldn't ask the guys who died in Benghazi.

White House quote: "It is not our standard procedure to evacuate American citizens living abroad," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said on Friday.

No comments: