Friday, August 31, 2012

Moore Calls Eastwood A Crazy Old Man

From the person for whom the words, 'Pie Hole' was invented, and oh how I hate to include his first name with mine, Michael Moore provides the humor of the day. I think he's afraid of Eastwood if you can believe what he said about an earlier confrontation with the high plains drifter. It reminds me of one of Eastwood's most recent roles in Gran Torino except instead of hoodlums being on Clint's front yard it's Moore, himself. There is nothing better than accidental humor from a bulbous baboon to illustrate.

Filmmaker Michael Moore’s assessment of fellow director Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican National Convention:
It “will live on in infamy as the moment when a crazy old man hijacked a national party’s most important gathering to tell off the president.”
Moore also recounts a personal story about Eastwood, whom he said once growled at him during an awards ceremony: “If you ever show up at my house with that camera, I’ll shoot you on sight.”
“The audience laughed, I laughed, but the person who issued the threat wasn’t laughing. That creeped me out a bit. I made sure never to go stand on Clint Eastwood’s lawn,” Moore wrote.

No comments: