Thursday, September 3, 2015

On Being A Wonderful Husband

Today is the Queens 68th birthday. It's quite easy to remember. It's the anniversary of the day Germany invaded Poland to start WW II.

My bride had arisen before I so when I got up I made the bed. She came up later and thanked me. And I said, "No problem. It's your birthday". She responded with, "Well, I can hardly wait until next year". I think it was a dig.

Our eight year old granddaughter came to visit us recently and spent a few nights in our home.
My wife came across her her making a list and wondered about its contents. The kid responded with, "Well, you have quite a few nice items in here and I want to make sure I get what I want after you die". Say what you want the kid has moxie.

Let's hope we see a few more birthdays before then.

No comments: