Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Stories On Russia The MSM Forgets

Meanwhile, over on CNN’s New Day, political analyst Jeffrey Lord provided some “perspective” to anchor Chris Cuomo:

The only thing I would say here, Chris is perspective. Perspective is all. I'm holding two headlines from theWashington Post, one of May 25th, 2014, “White House mistakenly identifies CIA chief in Afghanistan.”The Obama administration put the name of the CIA on the press release, exposed him and endangered his life. 

The second one, June 30, 2016, “U.S. Offers to share Syrian intelligence on terrorist with Russia,”which is to say the Obama administration wanted to give their intelligence to the Russians. All I'm saying here is there’s perspective. We need to find out the facts and let’s have perspective.

NRC Newsbusters

Or, how about this doozy from the Washington Post in 2012. If this isn't collusion with the Ruskies then I'm going to become a farmer.

  

In their joint statement to reporters here, President Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev spoke carefully about continuing discussions on the sensitive issues of European missile defense.
But in an unscripted moment picked up by camera crews, the American president was more blunt: Let me get reelected first, he said; then I’ll have a better chance of making something happen.
“On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved, but it’s important for him to give me space,” Obama can be heard telling Medvedev, apparently referring to incoming Russian president — and outgoing prime minister — Vladi­mir Putin.
“Yeah, I understand,” Medvedev replies, according to an account relayed by an ABC News producer, who said she viewed a recording of the discussion made by a Russian camera crew. “I understand your message about space. Space for you . . .
“This is my last election,” Obama interjects. “After my election, I have more flexibility.”
Medvedev, who last week demanded written proof that Russia is not the intended target of U.S. missile defense efforts, responded agreeably.
“I understand,” he told the U.S. president. “I will transmit this information to Vladimir.”
The exchange provided a rare glimpse of a world leader speaking frankly about the political realities he faces at home.
Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney quickly criticized Obama for the remark, saying in a statement, “President Obama signaled that he’s going to cave to Russia on missile defense, but the American people have a right to know where else he plans to be ‘flexible’ in a second term.”

No comments: