Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A Few Items To Ponder

 Surprise to me. I did not know the Winter Olympics begin in 100 days. Do you know where they'll be held? If you said China pour yourself another beer. Does it seem strange that the country bringing on the worst pandemic in 100 years will be punished by making billions of dollars.

Charlie and I were out at 6 pm tonight. I had the car radio tuned to the Charlie Kirk Show. He played part of an interview from an FDA doctor regarding the go ahead for kids from 5-11 to receive a couple doses of poison. Don't laugh. This doctor stated, "

“We’re Never Going to Learn About How Safe This Vaccine Is Unless We Start Giving It, That’s Just The Way It Goes”…

 Both Charlie and I swallowed our gum.

I'm not making up these statistics but the FDA has said that the chances of kids dying from Covid is between 0.00 and 0.03%. Ladies and gentleman, there are going to be many, many young people who are going to die or suffer long range problems in life. The most feared effect is enlarging of the heart. If you don't believe me, as Casey Stengel said, "You can look it up."

If I were a breakfast meal I'd be a waffle. Iowa State plays at West Virginia in football this upcoming Saturday. I haven't watched the Cyclones play in person in over ten years. Even though I'm older than dirt I'd like to view in person quarterback Brock Purdy. He's a senior out of Scottsdale, Arizona. Brock has broken every QB record in Iowa State's history. Granted, there were some lean years like from 1895 to 2014 with a couple of wins scattered in. Purdy is the kind of kid every parent would want for a son. I don't believe he's ever said a word harsher than dang.  Also in the backfield is a youngster, name of Breece Hall. Last year, as a sophomore, he was named All-American first team by every organization that does the picking which is somewhere in the area of seven.

Getting back to my breakfast name: It's a three hour drive to the land of people who wear no shoes and sport one tooth. The weather forecast calls for enough rain to fill the Queen Mary. I'm sort of a sissy boy and don't know if viewing the game is worth it.  If I was assured I could sit with the cheerleaders, the feminine type, it wouldn't be a problem. As I foresee it with my luck I'll be pIaced between two young punks who started drinking at 2 am. I go back and forth on this issue hourly. Yep, I'm a waffler. Pass the syrup, please.

I read a pseudo-science article today and it made me feel good in an ugly sort of way. It stated people with too many fat cells don't think and reason as well as those who don't have them. I only read the heading but only for the reason that what kind of dufus came up with topic and why would anyone aside from Mad Magazine publish it?




No comments: