Monday, October 25, 2021

This 'N That From Dublin Ohio

It's that time of year when the sun goes down at 6:30. If it wasn't for the lock downs in Australia it'd be a fun place to visit. With little to do today Charlie and I did a great deal of driving. He's a trip in the car; jumps in back and wants the window rolled down then moves to the front passenger seat and scratches at the window until I press the down button. I've also noticed that when we enter certain areas he's at the window. For instance, as we cross the Scioto River a block west of the Columbus Zoo he anticipates looking outside.

I've learned to expect his routines. I know his special spots to defecate. When I'm in a hurry I'll immediately search them out.

Anyway, my Suburu was begging for a wash. There's a Bluewater Car Wash on north Sawmill Road. I pulled in, put my Visa in the slot and headed for the entrance. It was then I noticed a sign reading: Jobs, $16 an hour. Wow! A kid is at the entrance waiting on me and he's making enough money in a day to feed and clothes himself. In my first teaching job in !968 my daily salary was an Andrew Jackson. My first job in high school was at a Dairy Queen. I made fifty cents an hour. It's true. I'm old. Regardless, I received an email last evening from an employment agency in the Columbus area. There were five pages of employment opportunities. A couple were Fed Ex jobs at $20 to $40 an hour. One of them was for working at home. The pay? Try $16 an hour. The big question is, what the hell and I doing blogging when I could be making some cash? The moral of the story is------------if the government wants total control of its people give them more money to stay home than work.

Here's some good news for old guys. The Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Murders & Mysteries have begin non stop Christmas themed stories. Thank the Lord for Taylor Cole, Lacey Chabert, Eloise Mumford, Nikki DeLoach Candace Cameron Bure', Jill Wagner and many, many more beauties. They give off good vibes.

Question of the day for a Big 10 fan: How in the name of Amos Alonzo Stagg did the Univ. of Illinois defeat Penn State? There must be something to the old, they did it with mirrors thingy.

I hope it doesn't rain Saturday in Morgantown, West Virginia. As an old-timer weather conditions have to be near perfect for me to sit in a football stadium for three hours. The Iowa State Cyclones play in the 'Gooberville and I might drive the three hours---------or not. Back in 1988 when I started my sales job I told my boss I was going to the mines in WV. He asked me to tell him if they wore shoes. Did you know the toothpick was invented in the Mountaineer state? In every other place it's called a teethpick except for Kentucky. The Hatfields and McCoys still exist. 

I did it again; lost another hearing aid. Don't ask where. If aid manufacturers were smart they'd engrave the phone number of the buyer on it. Silly me. They count of morons like me to keep them in business. The truth is I can survive on one; sort of. Besides, if Her Majesty asks me to do chores I can feign total hearing loss. After 52 years I've learned to think on my feet.




No comments: