Friday, September 24, 2021

Time Flies Why You're Having Fun

 Whoever thought time would go bye as quickly as it does? Not I for certain. Many is the night I'll lie in bed and think about events that took place when I was a young kid, or a high school student and even college.

Today I got smacked in the face. The eldest of my ten grandchildren turned seventeen. Can it be possible? He's a great kid; attends Summit Country Day School in Cincinnati. He's brilliant in the classroom and an outstanding in track. Well, those last two items never applied to me. Their brains must have come from their mother and as for track speed when I ran you would have had to pound stakes to see if I was moving.

The lad has his heart set on going to Notre Dame. I blame that mistake on his other grandfather. Regardless, now that he's 17 I'm very much feeling my age. I know I'm not the only guy who's had grandkids aging but as my daughter once said after I reprimanded her when she was 13, "It isn't fair".

Life isn't fair but we survive.

No comments: