Monday, February 28, 2022

You'd Have To Be An Iowan To Understand

 Does it make you want to puke when I mention how much I love Iowa? It shouldn't. My home state is most likely one of the least understood of any. Long ago in a blog piece I wrote that I've come across people in Ohio who confuse the Hawkeye state with Idaho. Iowa? Idaho? Same thing, right?

If there's anything that both binds and divides this state is college sports teams. One is either for the Hawks or the Cyclones. It's almost a civil war when they play each other. I'm different. I cheer for both with great enthusiasm. But, there are other schools who have had magnificent seasons.

This is a unique year for Iowans, the land of 3 million hearty souls. There aren't many states that have racked up the sports successes as have the guys and gals on the hardcourts. March Madness could be tons of fun. The men's teams are on the top. The females on the bottom. Speaking of women I've inserted a video of the best 3 point shooter in the country. Give it a look. You'll be amazed at the talents of this wundebar sophomore guard, Caitlin Clark from the Univ. of Iowa. https://youtu.be/98P73SUKi9s



No comments: