Tuesday, July 21, 2015

.......And The Saga Continues

Have you ever heard the phrase, "life's a bitch then you die"?. well, I've died a thousand times in the last six days. Hara-kiri is too good for me.

If you regress back a couple of blogs you'll see how I wasted money on gasoline when I didn't need to and purchased a book I had previously bought twelve years ago.

You must understand that we live in what's called consumer planned obsolescence.  It's what keeps the economy moving. Things are made so that they wear out. Batteries wear out. Clothes do the same. Food stuffs, well, that doesn't need explaining. Let's talk diapers for babies; toddlers, for instance. What if, instead of ridding themselves of human waste,  they defecated Lifesavers? Then Pampers would go out of business. Televisions, radios, batteries et al are made to wear out.

In a blog written my by a couple of years ago I mentioned the fact that my carelessness and stupidity absolutely fueled this economy. It's true. Hopefully, there are many of you who can relate.

MJ Hawkeye is the king of careless. As previously mentioned I left the lake home on a Wednesday afternoon and headed for Minneapolis a three hour drive. My best friend from grade school had set up a golf outing for the next day. I didn't want to get up at 6 AM and make the trek to The Twin Cities so I decided to leave a day early. I'd grab a motel near the golf course and meet my buddy and a couple of other guys for a ten-thirty tee time. Richard, my friend, had already pre-paid the $55 fee.

I snagged a nice room at a very clean Super 8 for $79 including tax, ate dinner, went back to the room and started sawing logs. I awakened at 7 AM the next morning and the first thing that popped into my mind was, " I don't think I packed my clothes". And I was 100% correct.

The only bit of clothing in my possession was what I wore: a red t-shirt and tan shorts with one large catsup stain on it.
Believe it or not I briefly considered going to a Kohl's Department store for new threads. I had planned future trips to Central Wisconsin to see friends then onto Chicago for a three day golf outing with college fraternity friends.

Common sense prevailed. I headed the car back to the lake, the tedious three hour drive, loaded up my clothes and headed back to the golf course. I made it in time to play the last six holes and shot a smooth 51. Aren't I special?

Carelessness and stupidity. Gas= $45. Motel=$79. Golf=$55(of which I got the short shrift). Food=$12.

So, the moral of the story is this. If you think you're a real loser think of me. You'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.

No comments: