Thursday, July 16, 2015

Our Unarmed Forces

Kneejerk reactions to news stories of a shocking nature are not good, especially for one who puts his name on a letterhead. I've decided to forego this scenario because of the information received about the Chattanooga slaughter of today.

Professional news people would want to take a 'wait and see' attitude. Not this guy. The name of the type Mohammed is a damned good clue. The guy had a beard. ISIS tweeted, at the same time of the attack, that something was going to occur.

Folks, when I heard the news I wanted to throw up and I'm not kidding. War has come to the shores of the United States. But, it's not the first time. Have you forgotten the shoe bomber? How about the Boston bombings? The problem with these dirt balls is they didn't look like Muslim terrorists. The Ft. Hood killer looked like a bad guy but our president told us it was workplace violence. Remember?
So, in his case, move on. Nothing to see here.

When I'm distressed about the way our country is moving I call the Council Bluffs Cowboy. He's a sage of wisdom. The Cowboy was in the United States Navy so that qualifies him for a valid opinion. He has the common sense of Will Rogers and when he speaks I listen.

I called him today after hearing about the Tennessee tragedy, this war on America. He told me, and I agree, nothing will be done by this country until (1) the mainstream media denounces the terrorism. The way I figure this won't happen until the media is having a press convention and a group of terrorists opens fire and murders a couple of hundred of the MSM. They take care of their own as if they were important or something. The Cowboy said it might take ten years and who knows what will happen by then.

My good friends best idea and bit of wisdom is this. Every member of the Armed Forces should rise up and say, "I quit". I'm sick of being treated like road apples from a Palomino. These are the guys who are supposed to protect us from foreign invaders but, guess what? If thousands of guys say, "Screw you" can the government court martial all of them? I don't think so. Heck, they didn't bother to do anything with Bowe Bergdahl.

The dead Marines of Chattanooga were not allowed to carry a weapon. Did you know that? It's against federal law to carry in any government building. These guys didn't stand a chance. They were ducks on a pond with nothing to defend themselves.

The Cowboy also reminded me of something I already knew but you might not. It's called the United States rules of engagement in warfare. Can you believe this? When we're in a war we have to follow certain rules of engagement. E.g. If a soldier has the enemy in his sights and that enemy is loading his weapon our guy has to wait until the enemies weapon is ready to fire so we can make it fair. Are you kidding me?

We have the dumbest leaders in the history of mankind.

And wasn't it Obama who just last week said that we have to win the hearts and minds of ISIS instead of using warfare.

Folks, I can't even end this post with any advice. Our country, with this leadership, is in a world of hurt.

No comments: