Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"MJ Hawkeye, What Do You Think Of Mr. Trump"

'The Donald' is seemingly receiving 90% of news coverage. Everyone has an opinion about him. As for me I don't get too excited about Trump. It is a circus but things will pan out eventually.

Trump gained my attention when he first called out illegal immigration. I liked that. It didn't matter if Trump brought up the subject or a myriad of others. I was pleased to have the conversation placed before the American people.

Trump has put out a platform of items he wants on his agenda. It's very conservative. However, when one goes back ten years and looking at these views they are 180 degrees apart. E.g. He's now pro-life. How convenient. Even that doesn't bother me because Bill Clinton, at one time, was a pro-lifer.
It's what politicians do, lie, in order to get into office. When they do change their minds and flip on a position they can always tell us 'they evolved' and get away with it.

I have two personal stories about Trump. Both were related by friends of mine. Both took place at one of his golf courses and both were on the same subject with the same result.

My good buddy was invited by a friend of his, Lee Rinker, to play at a golf course, Trump International, in Florida. Rinker was a journeyman PGA golfer but Trump named him to manage the golf operations at this particular course and had been doing so for three years. My pal happened to be in the clubhouse when Trump walked in with three guys for a round of golf. While there Mr. Rinker came in. It was at this time Trump yelled across the room to Rinker. He said, "I'm sick and tired of looking at you. You're fired".

Coincidentally, another friend of mine told me the exact same story but at another course.

Now, I have no reason to doubt the veracity of either of these two men and both stories were told me within two weeks of each other, one in Mundelein, Illinois and the other in Dublin, Ohio.

I've always been told, it's the little things in life people say and do that tells volumes about their character.

No comments: