Thursday, October 22, 2015

Is Ohio About To Get Wasted

My adopted state has an election coming up in a few weeks. On the ballot is the issue as to whether we will allow marijuana to be legal.

According to television ads it seems to be a one-sided issue. To date there have been no commercials against. What are seeing be presented is an ad from a supposed law enforcement official who says we show vote 'For' because we need to spend our time catching real criminals.

Make of it what you will but the pro-vote people have spent $3.4 million on media ads. The anti-people have put forth $33,000. I don't know the reason for this. Maybe the public doesn't care much like we didn't give a hoot about Bill Clinton soiling the Oval Office with Monica or Bruce Jenner becoming a fake babe*

A young mother wants it so her family can move back to Ohio from Colorado where it is legal. Her 'maybe' daughter has epilepsy and needs the drug to lead a normal life.

Yet another commercial is bombarding us with eight or so people ranging from young to almost old giving all types of reasons as to why we need marijuana in the state.

I am not an expert on marijuana. What I do know is what I've heard. In other words, I've never used it but that isn't to say I know nothing about mind altering drugs. Heck, when it comes to those I do know I'm a king among kings. Up until 2002 I could have had a doctorate in alcohol. There wasn't a beer in the world I hadn't tried. My degree in beer was so extensive that sometimes on the morning after I couldn't have told you what I had for dinner the night before.

That was then. This is now. As you might have suspected I am against the vote on our November ballot. Please don't tell me I'm out of touch with the times. It won't work.

Statistics now tell us marijuana disorders have more than doubled in the last fifteen years.. https://www.yahoo.com/health/marijuana-use-disorders-doubled-since-2001-191718635.html

*Remember what I wrote when this story became big. When Jenner cuts off his manhood then I'll consider him a real man.

If you take the time and review the results of Colorado's implementation you'll will find an increase in traffic deaths, murders, school dropouts, assaults, work absenteeism, etc. Folks, if you are true to yourselves, your children and grandchildren you have to come to the conclusion this is not a good thing for mind or body.

I have a liberal relative who once told me that one joint is the same as having one beer. I think that's what's called a justification for doing what they want to do. How ridiculous. The strength of marijuana today, though genetic combinations, is 1000 times greater than it was in the 1970's. It's a fact and if you don't believe me look it up.

Let's be honest. There is only one reason for the passage of this bill into law. It has nothing at all to do with freedom, the rights of the people, cleaning out the jails of non-criminals and a myriad of other excuses given us.

The main reason for it's passage is to put tax money in the state coffers. Colorado has touted the $70 million dollars now in it's treasury as a boon to its economy.

What price glory?

No comments: