Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Nick Lachey And Oscar Robertson: Disappointing To The Max

Every day in every way I'm learning more and more about the Ohio ballot vote to legalize marijuana. Some of these tidbits are scary and others extremely disappointing.

For example, ten investors will control the marijuana distribution centers. They will have a monopoly to themselves. Oh, did you know the leaf will be available in what look like gummy bears? "Yipper, the kind of candy little kids enjoy".

There's a television ad running for a pro-vote. The ad shows the former 98 degrees singer, Nick Lachey,  ex-husband of Jessica Simpson, telling us we need passage for the good of Ohio. "It's passage will provide much needed jobs, he says". (Seriously, what kind of jobs, specifically, will it provide).

Nicky boy wants us to believe that he cares about Ohio because he once lived in Cincinnati and his feelings for Ohio run deep; about as deep as a puddle in your front yard. Guess what? Lachey is one of the ten investors and is set up to control one of the marijuana districts.

I've always been a sports fan. As a youngster I started dribbling and shooting a basketball when I was six and didn't stop until my legs gave out; somewhere around age 42. My all-time hero was Oscar Robertson. He played for the University of Cincinnati in the mid to late '50's. His fundamentals were perfect. It was an absolute thrill for me to see him in action at Veteran's Auditorium in Des Moines when I was 12.

While I was in the high school coaching racket and teaching players the proper way to play the game I always referred to the Big O. He was named one of the top 50 players of all time for the NBA. I wonder how many people still look up to him? They shouldn't.

I happened to see the list of a ten investors for the exclusive marijuana districts in Ohio after their financial monopoly is created. My now ex-hero is one of these money grubbers.

I do have Oscar's home address in Cincinnati. I'll write him a letter detailing my thoughts on his attempt to achieve more wealth than he already has. I'm sure it will reach the circular file before it does him. At least my conscience will be cleansed.

Do yourselves a huge favor. Read the linked article from The American Thinker: 'The 5 Myths about Marijuana'.
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/10/five_myths_about_marijuana_and_you.html

No comments: