Thursday, April 27, 2017

Food For Thought

Donald Trump has been constantly blasted by the MSM for refusing to release his tax records even though we know he paid over $38 million in 2008.

In perusing Trump's new tax plan, which will be blasted by the Lefties, it has to be noted that 44% of American tax filers pay zero, zip, nada.

After a 29 year hiatus from high school coaching I'm back in the saddle as a volunteer assistant in baseball at Dublin Coffman High School. One of our players is African-American. I'm also a very enthusiastic coach shouting encouragement as much as possible. When this lad does good things I'll shout, "Atta boy". I do it a lot, not only to this kid but to all of our players. Anyway, when I use this phrase directed at the one boy(oops!--I just called him boy) am I being a racist?

The Queen's first cousin spent the night with us two evenings ago. She was in Columbus for a university egg head conference since she happens to be an instructor at some such college in D.C.  She's also an author of some renown considering she's authored eight books on Christianity.

The lady performed the normal host/guest thing by bringing gifts. For the wife, an autographed copy of her latest work. For moi, and I got a kick out of this, I received a beer bottle opener with a logo of the Vatican emblazoned on one side reading 'Vaticano Roma'. Wait, it gets better. She told me it was personally blessed by the Pope. The way I figure every time I suck down a brew it'll be like drinking holy water.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian."
           
      ~Henry Ford


No comments: