Monday, March 18, 2019

A Mini Story About Guns

My orthopedist had scheduled a post surgery meeting with me for this morning. As I left his office the radio was tuned to 610 am in Columbus. Glenn Beck was on. I'm not a big fan of his because sometimes he goes off the deep end and I was too lazy to reach over and change channels.

Regardless, he brought up a story from the Washington Post that piqued my interest. Please understand that WaPo is one of the most left leaning papers in our nation. It's no wonder conservatives tag it the Washington Compost.

The Post ran a story today that went against their normal ones and it dealt with guns. It, the Post, did a piece on gun violence in Venezuela. You must understand that beginning in 2012 gun ownership was completely forbidden except for the police and armed forces. For those private citizens who broke the law they were guaranteed a minimum 20 year jail sentence.

The number of gun deaths in this now God forsaken nation as of 2015 was 122 per 100,000 people. Okay, let's make a comparison. Hey, why not use the United States as one? Surely, our gun deaths would put Venezuela and probably the world to shame.

Not so. In the year of 2015 we had 4.9 gun murders per 100,000 people. Did I mention this story was in the Washington Post? I thought so.

When the Democrats start bloviating about guns and murders you might throw this in their dopey faces.

No comments: