Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rule # 835: When You Know The Wife Runs The Home

Her Majesty is flying to Phoenix tomorrow to sit the grandchildren while their parents are off doing their thing. My first and only question when she makes a flight is, what time does the flight leave Columbus? I don't know why I ask since it's always the same. "The plane leaves at 6 am", she'll say. I hate when this happens.

When I hear this it's like a punch to the gut. Frequent fliers know that the earlier the flight the less expensive it is. 6 AM is the earliest flight available.

My options are limited. We leave the house at 4:30 AM. My clothes will be laid out so I can jump out of bed, brush my teeth and start the car by 4:30. It only takes a half hour to get to Columbus International and I know I'll be home by 5:30 then back in the sack.

The problem with this scenario is intermittent sleep will give me the nauseous gut wrenching feeling all day. Plus, I'll have to be up by 8 am to let Charlie do his outdoor dump. If not then I'll be scrubbing carpets.

Okay, as a husband I've done my duty but let's put the proverbial shoe on the other foot. Let's say it is me who has the 6 am flight. The conversation goes this way, "Honey, why don't you make it easy on yourself and get a motel(double the price) next to the airport."

She might be little but she has the power of a hydrogen bomb.

No comments: