Sunday, November 22, 2020

Christmas Gifts For The Elderly

 Folks, it's that time of year again. Yes, the buying of Christmas gifts. Since nearly all of the people I'm going to bring joy into their lives are over 70 it's tricky buying something they would like.

For instance, My college baseball coach and his wife are 90 years young. They're in excellent condition, Regardless, I went to DuckDuckGo.com and clicked in 'Christmas Gifts for Elderly Couple's. 

Go ahead and guess what was listed. Let me begin by saying I'd be embarrased to send them any one of the items listed. "Hey Coach, how do you like the cane I got you?". Or, they list push carts for the elderly with a basket included in which to put in your groceries. I see those things and I think, 'homeless person'.

I've got time to come up with some ideas. I suppose baseball mitts are out of the question. I could get the coach a baseball signed by me. Better yet I'll get him a baseball and sign it Babe Ruth. He'll never know the difference unless he decides to sell it.https://heavy.com/gifts/gifts-for-seniors/


No comments: