Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Second Biggest Decision Of My Life

 Think back to the great decisions you've made in your life; those that altered the paths that led you to where you are today. Obviously, asking a woman to marry you is at the top of the list. Every guy has to say this. I mean, what would happen if Her Majesty read this blog and she wasn't numero uno? I'd be cooking my own meals up to the time I was laid out in a casket. 

Last night,(once again I rolled around in bed until 3:30) it hit me. Why not run for political office? I'd be just as good if not better than what we have now.) As an example, Ohio has a United States senator, Rob Portman. He says he's a Republican. Two days ago he was listed by Carl Bernstein, if you can believe him, as one of 21 senators who wanted Trump out of office. The trouble is I believe the story. He's worthless. I can't name one piece of legislation with his name on it. 

Wouldn't it be cool if I ran for his position in two years and won? Don't laugh. A woman in Florida ran for the U.S. House of Representatives and she was the victor even though nine years ago she was homeless.

I believe I have all the qualities to be a wonderful senator. By the time 2020 arrives I'll be pushing 77. Compared to some of the slugs in D.C. I'd be a kid. I wouldn't take a salary, either but only to shame the grifters who do. I'd make a big deal out of standing up and the Senate floor and telling lobbyists to KMA not once but on the hour for twenty-four hours every day for the full term of my tenure.

How'm I doing so far? Are you read to pull the lever for me?

My best qualification is I'd be the kind of senator who would fit into that august body. I would do absolutely noting. I am the perfect candidate. Vote for me.

No comments: