Monday, April 26, 2021

Good Memories

 I wasn't alive during WWII but aside from the war I can't think of a better era to be alive. I've been watching a movie on TCM titled 'Stage Door Canteen'. It contains six bands at a war canteen( a place where young women went to dance with the soldiers). Two questions? Will we ever again see the likes of Benny Goodman again and (2) wouldn't it be wonderful if our youth discovered 'The Jitterbug'.?

If anything the war united the people. It made patriotism the law of the land without Congress having a hand in it. People went to church and actually prayed to God.

In Hilliard Ohio, a burb connected to Dublin, there's a dog park that is A+. It's partitioned for the large ones and the other is for the mighty mites like my Charlie. It's 200 yards in length and 100 years wide. In the center is a gazebo. A person could have a picnic and your best pal is able to find shade.  Three-fourths of the area  is grass. The rest is composed smalls rocks. Whoever came up with this was brilliant. Your best friend can urinate on the rocks and save the turf. 

I watched intently this morning as my guy rambled up to the other canine. After the obligatory butt sniff(I believe it's the same as a handshake) the kids scramble and strut their stuff. Once in awhile two of these dogs will snip and snarl at each other. Isn't that what humans do? It's only for a brief short time then order returns.

It's easy for me to tell when my Charlie is ready to go home. It takes around thirty minutes of dashing to and fro then he comes over to where I'm sitting on a bench and parks underneath. Then I'll say, "Are you ready to go home?". He gets up and waits for me to clip his leash and the we leave. Dogs are so like humans it's scary.

No comments: