Thursday, April 29, 2021

Life Isn't Fair

 Life is strange. You're born, you are on the earth for a brief period of time then you die. This doesn't seem fair. In between we need to eat to survive. Some of us are moderate in our eating habits. Others line up at the trough and feed until we pass out.

Soooooooo, last night I began considering the life of the Hippopotamus. I'll be truthful when I write this is the first time I've ever given that animal a thought unless I'm at the zoo or watching a wildlife show and then it's only fleeting.

It hit me at around 11:30 why is it Hippo's eat only grasses but the males can grow to a weight of 7,000 pounds while the female bottoms out at 3,000. I enjoy salads as long as they're greeted by chicken or beef. These critters subsist on greens and yet they're huge. God surely has a wonderful sense of humor.

Another item or two about the big guy, It has teeth that grow to 1'8". Chomp, chomp, chomp. Hippos, according to my source, are the most feared animal alive. Lions shy away as do crocodiles, One mighty bite and they can be cut in half. 

I came across a few interesting facts about the monsters. Enjoy. https://www.ugandasafariexperts.com/blog/39-interesting-facts-about-hippos

No comments: