Friday, July 15, 2016

Getting Ready For The Onslaught

Tomorrow evening two adults and three grandchildren will be arriving at Ten Mile Lake. We're prepared. Yesterday, the Queen and I trekked on down to Brainerd/Baxter and visited the Costco. You know the place. It's where your credit card goes into overload anticipating fifteen family members. In anticipation of the upcoming event we threw caution wind and decided on Aldi's.(kidding, of course----but, I wanted to)

Our son decided to leave two year old Camille in Ohio with the other grandparents. No big deal. She's still at the stage when she eats, sleeps and dirties her Pampers. She wouldn't know if she was in the Himalayas or Minnesota so what's the difference.

I never realized the cost of food had risen to the point it has. I was wondering: If I fed the kids Purina Dog Chow for breakfast ladled with powdered milk would they know the difference? Cheap candy, those things that look like kernels of corn provide quite a bit of energy. Can you say dessert?

Just think of the toilet paper that'll be used. I heard Indians on the Plains used leaves and clumps of grass. Walk out our cabin backdoor and vegetation abounds.

I have a .22 rifle up here. Why, I've seen hundreds of squirrels roaming the land and, oh what fun it would be for the nine years to kill and gut their own dinner.

Do you get my drift. I don't want to say I'm cheap when it comes to spending money on my family but think of the nice golf courses I could play instead.

No comments: