Sunday, August 14, 2016

Milwaukee

Another day and another riot. So, what else is new. Personally, I have an interest in the rioting in Milwaukee. My family came from that once great City in the late 1800's. AS a young man I spent many days in a southern suburb, St. Francis, enjoying my relatives and the wonderful Polish and German heritage.

Milwaukee today and Des Moines tomorrow and who knows after that. "President Obama, much of this unrest is on your shoulders. You're the guy who legitimized Black Lives Matter and Hillary, too, isn't any less culpable. It is she who refused the endorsement of the police unions over Black Lives Matter". Two weeks ago Black Lives Matter came out with an addition to their platform. It stated their opposition to the support of Israel. What the hell does this have to do with elimination racial unrest?

Guess what? We now know that the rioting started because of a request on Facebook. It is now also known that the police officer who shot the kid is Black. That's right. A Black officer of the law is the perpetrator. I suggest an immediate background check be done to see who is the more honorable of the two.

What do we know about the kid who was shot and died at this early date. He had a track record of criminality. The gun he had on his person was stolen in Waukesha in March. When I was six I stole a candy bar from Shaffer's*grocery story. It didn't get me shot. A gun on the other hand isn't a candy bar.

Clue to the world. If the Black community wants peace in their communities then start by keeping families together. Have the dad's of these young kids take responsibility for their actions. Teach the children respect for the law. Teach them to pray and by pray I don't mean words from the Koran. The family is by far the most important unit ever conceived for societal order.

* I went back later in the day and put a nickel on the counter. My conscience was killing me.

No comments: