A Kansas woman who tried to kill a bug by lighting it on fire ended up setting her apartment on fire causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage.
Topeka Fire Marshal Mike Martin said that the fire destroyed a building apart of the Fairlawn Green apartment complex displacing 17 people and causing $140,000 in damages after an 'occupant tried to kill a bug with a lighter.'
Monique Quarles said that around 3.45am on Monday her daughter, Ausha and two-year-old granddaughter told her that there was a bug inside their third floor apartment.
'I found the bug, picked the bug up and I put it in my hand and lit it on fire,' Quarles told the Topeka Capital-Journal.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4728624/Woman-set-apartment-fire-trying-kill-bug.html#ixzz4nstminY0