Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Even Old People Are Ridiculously Stupid

Authorities say another visitor has died after falling from the edge of the Grand Canyon. (MyLoupe/UIG via Getty Images)

Isn't this a beautiful picture taken from the south rim of the Grand Canyon? I've been there---but stayed about 30 yards behind the edge because I'm a sissy boy or as I like to say I have common sense when it comes to heights, anything above ten feet. It's why I could never dunk a basketball. I get nose bleeds when I get above ten feet not to mention I need a change of underwear.

Well, it happened again. Another person fell off the edge of the rim to their untimely death. I think it's 400 feet to the bottom but after 50 feet of tumbling against shrubs, trees and rocks who cares?

This time the recipient of a death certificate was a 70 year old woman. Her name hasn't been released. This I understand. It must be embarrassing for her family to know she was a moron.

A word of advice: selfies and the Grand Canyon don't mix.

No comments: