Monday, April 15, 2019

Tiger And Other Stuff

Yesterday, after the Masters, I traded emails with a buddy in Wisconsin and spoke with friends in Arizona about Tiger and other things. I mentioned to both how I recalled attending the Memorial Golf Tournament the year after Elin took a 9 iron to Tiger's Cadillac Escalade following his infidelities. I wanted to see him swing on the range. In past years he would have been surrounded by hundreds watching him warm up. This time he was by himself; no kids, no parents, no nobody.

At yesterday's Masters it seems the entire world was in his corner. Americans, especially, are forgiving people. As I told my Arizona buddy, he who is without sin cast the first stone. My flip comment to him was if Tiger really, really wanted to gain sympathy he'd come out as transgender.

Ohio passed a law that went into effect April 1. It said anyone driving who is on their cell or texting will be subject to a $150.00. My thought: it's for the other guy not for the one caught. We'll see how it goes over.

In the same vein as the texting law I took Charlie to a dog park three days ago. It's a wonderful place. There are two areas, one for dogs under 25 pounds and another area for dogs the size of zebras or bigger. Their area is bigger than Alaska yet it's a longer walk to get there. Maybe that's why there we so many monster dogs in the small dog area. I wanted to tell these dog owners, "Can't you read?" but I didn't. Who wants to get shot?

As I sat in Mass yesterday I began thinking about noted theologians who at one time or another doubted the existence of God or an afterlife. For those non-believers I'd say, what have you got to lose by being a naysayer. I wonder how many atheists have never read an iota of scripture.

My Arizona friend and I were trading dog stories. I mentioned to him how our Charlie got ahold of some bad food yesterday. I was lying on the couch in my Sunday go to meeting slacks and he decided to barf------on them. I asked my pal if he had any dog stories. He told me they had a pooch who for some reason or another got angry with my buddy. We'll call him Rick. Anyway, in the middle of the night while Rick was sleeping he woke up. His dog was straddling him, peeing on his chest. Rick jumped out of bed and stepped in dog poop. He ran to the other side of the bed and stepped in another pile of poop. Folks, you can't make this stuff up.

No comments: