Thursday, April 18, 2019

Is It Fun Or Gross Immorality

In having to run an errand at the local strip mall in Dublin, Ohio I was confronted with a sign on the front door of a paint store. It read: 'No Senior Tag Allowed' near these premises. Well, being the out of it senior citizen that I am I thought the store was trying to protect itself from a lawsuit. Maybe Senior Tag used a laser or some such modern day device. I'm clueless about these things. As a matter of fact if you told me you'd give me a hundred dollars on the spot to tell you about something called 'The Game of Thrones' your wallets contents would be safe and secure.

Let's review Dublin for a moment if you've never looked at this site. In 1974 it had 600 occupants. It was a village. In 2019 76,000 souls reside in its splendorous pastures. Two events occurred early on to allow the community to grow. Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame built his corporate offices. Then, Jack Nicklaus and a group of three others built Muirfield Village Golf Club. If you know golf you know the rest.

There are a lot of rich, sophisticated, so-called intelligent folks in this town. Come springtime you'll see many yard signs extolling the future colleges of their children. For example, my daughter has been accepted to Princeton. My son has been accepted to Harvard. I've written on this before. I have yet to see a sign in Dublin reading: proud parent of a future Columbus Community College Student.

So, here's the deal about Senior Tag and ignorant me was told it's been going on for quite some time. Ten high school senior boys and ten high school senior girls among the three local high schools will play tag. If and when one of these people is 'tagged'  the tagee has to take off an article of clothing. The game continues until one of these people is sans clothes, naked, in the buff!

I don't know about you but I don't like this. It could lead to embarrassment beyond comprehension--------if you know what I mean.

No comments: