Thursday, April 25, 2019

If Kate Smith Goes Down So Should Ali

By now everyone knows the famed singer, Kate Smith, has had God Bless America banned from NY Yankee games. Her statue in front of the Philadelphia Flyers stadium has been covered.

Here's a new take brought to us by The American Thinker regarding words from Muhammed Ali.

Ali was still a man with a controversial past.  In a 1968 interview with storied Boston Globe reporter Bud Collins, Ali said whites and blacks living together is as unnatural as humans living with wild animals.  "I don't hate rattlesnakes, I don't hate tigers — I just know I can't get along with them," Ali told Collins.  "I don't want to try to eat with them or sleep with them."
When pressed by Collins about this separatist view, Ali doubled down.  "I know whites and blacks cannot get along," he said.  "This is nature."  Ali then went on to publicly proclaim his support for Alabama's Governor George Wallace, the infamous segregationist, who was running for president. 
"I like what he says," Ali told Collins.  "Negroes shouldn't force themselves in white neighborhoods, and white people shouldn't have to move out of the neighborhood just because a negro moved in.

To me this seems rather racist.


Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/04/if_kate_smiths_statue_goes_so_should_muhammad_alis_liberty_medal.html#ixzz5m8Ztd597



No comments: