Wednesday, October 28, 2020

It Makes A Guy Happy And Proud

 In the late 1980's I was fortunate to be able to coach baseball in Illinois at Rock Island Alleman High School. If you are a reader you know that baseball is my very favorite team sport.

We had some excellent teams with excellent kids. One of them, Scott Hennessy, has climbed to the mountain top. Last night Scott earned a World Series ring as a coach with the Dodgers.

A few months ago he invited me down to Tulsa where he is the magager of the Dodger farm team. Since the minors are out of action this season he was pulled up to the big club.

Scott, I'm looking forward to seeing you and touching your World Series ring.


Scott does a nice job of holding the World Series trophy, doesn't he?


3 comments:

Hinz said...

Good for Scott! I’m a lifelong Dodger fan.I only have met one Dodger in person, but it was Sandy Koufax.... I hope Scott know how good a catcher and hitter you were!

Hinz said...

Good for Scott! I’m a lifelong Dodger fan.I only have met one Dodger in person, but it was Sandy Koufax.... I hope Scott know how good a catcher and hitter you were!

mjloehrer said...

Truthfully, I never brought it up. It's the same as real soldiers not talking about what they did in the war.