Saturday, April 10, 2021

What Were They Thinking?

 This past week we've seen United Airlines mandate that of their next 5,000 hires as pilots will be Black females piloting planes regardless of experience. Coca-Cola and Delta Airlines demanded the All-Star baseball game be pulled out of Atlanta. It's their right as corporations to do this.

I'm wondering if these decisions were knee jerk without giving much thought to the ramifications. For instance, I've always been a Pepsi guy even though I haven't had a soda in years. When flying I much prefer Southwest Airlines. Only under duress will I fly another. 

Don't these people realize the American people make decisions on what the like or dislike? Don't they know Americans don't care to have these corporate decisions shoved down our collective throats? Besides, Southwest flight attendants are much more attractive than the others.

No comments: