Thursday, July 21, 2022

The New Math

 Admittedly, I was one of the worst in the history of education when it came to anything to do with arithmetic, algebra, chemistry, geometry and even the task of toe counting. When confronted even with these words I'd break out in hives, go into a crying jag and hide under my bed.

But, there's a new math problem for us to solve today and it's given in the form of a story. I hated those, too. Example, If John drove 15 miles toward Ames and Linda drove 10 miles toward Ames who would get to Ogden first? Whenever I had one of those I'd break my pencil, say "Screw it" and go back to thinking about my favorite baseball players.

I have another one of those math problems for you which is contemporary in nature. What do you get when your have had four vaccinations and receive two booster shots? I can answer this one. If you're president of the United States you have Covid.

Someone get ahold of Vaughn Thornburgh, Jim Saunders, Rosemary Hall and Sister Mary Calasanctus my teachers now in the great beyond. I just solved a math problem.

No comments: