Thursday, July 28, 2022

Where Have You Gone, Willie Mays

 When I was a kid, and you know this if you're a regular reader, I was a huge fan of baseball from my early years. I had my heroes; Henry Aaron being on top. But there were other guys from the 50's who garnered my attention even if I rooted against their teams.

Let's say Willie Mays came to my hometown to give a clinic. Would I have boycotted it because he wasn't on the Milwaukee Braves? I don't think so. But, this situation happened in Washington D.C. yesterday at George Washington Univ. and the undergraduates at that school kicked Willie Mays to the curb, so to speak.

Justice Clarence Thomas was employed by the university and taught a monthly class. I mean, he's a member of the Supreme Court of the United States. That's heady stuff. Well. following up on the recent Roe v. Wade decision 11,000 students signed a petition to have Thomas removed from the faculty. My first reaction to this was, "Dear Lord, strike me down dead right now."

These spoiled brats had Willie Mays in their midst. They could take his class, possibly share a cup of coffee or saunter with him through campus but, no, these punks, with emphasis on 'punks' threw a chance of a lifetime in the toilet.

Clarence Thomas doesn't need them. He resigned his position effective immediately. Never again will they be hobnobbing with anyone close to the legal mind of 'The Say Hey Kid'. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11056241/Clarence-Thomas-cancels-Conservative-Supreme-Court-justice-quits-GW-law-school.html



No comments: