Sunday, September 25, 2022

What's This 8.3% Nonsense

 Economists tell us the inflation rate since Biden took office is at 8.3%, maybe even 8.4%. Being a non-smart type guy when it comes to money and spending I can put my fingers around these numbers. As far as I can tell life's essentials have risen far more than the 8 number.


A year ago I went to a wedding in Stillwater, Minnesota. My cheesy motel room came in at $90 per night yet car rental was $100.00 daily. I was in such a state of shock when the car rental company gave me the price I signed the bill and it wasn't until two hours later the sticker shock hit me. 

We, the people, have no recourse over this stuff. Those in power can blame the price increases on Putin and Trump if they wish. All I know is the day after a certain someone took office oil production began to be shut down and we all know petroleum rules the world.

Here's a slight history lesson for you. Do you know the primary reason for the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor? Well, yes, those boys did want to dominate the Far East but the main reason for they're attacking Pearl was due to our interference into Far Eastern oil production. 

What this 8.3% increase is, and I didn't make this up, the average American is spending $4,200 more in the time since Biden took office.

No comments: