Tuesday, November 22, 2022

A Day In The Life

 Her Majesty and I hadn't seen our son, his wife and their three kids in a year so at the end of October we drove out to Olathe, Kansas for a three day visit.

Word to the wise: Never, ever let me make the reservations for hotels. It's like telling a three year old how to work the controls of a space ship.

Regardless, sometime around October 13 I decided to make hotel reservations. Normally, if the Queen isn't with me when travelling I go on the fly. I stop when I get tired and find a place to my liking. If I stop at a motel and don't like the price given I'll dicker and if I still want to open my wallet I'll move along to the next place. When Her Majesty is with me all the proverbial t's and i's need to be in place. 

I made a mistake of calling booking.com for my hotel in Olathe. The person on the other end told me the price would be $75 per night. I was okay with that. Come to find out what the operator didn't tell me was that was the cost for the first night. I came to find out the cost of the next two nights were double the price quoted. Hey, it's only money but, when my bill came from Visa I was charged an extra $215 by the hotel itself. This bothered me because I realized I'd be on the phone ferreting out the perceived 'screwing'. 

I finally got ahold of the hotel business manager and she informed me there was good and bad news. The price charged me was for two pets in our room. They admitted their error. Then I thought, "Wow, $34 dollars for a pooch the size of a shoebox is a lot." The lady informed me they had to do this because of the damage pets had done. I was okay with that but then asked her, "Has a dog ever stolen a bathrobe or towel?"

 

No comments: