Tuesday, November 22, 2022

It Does Seem That Long Ago

 In this morning's emails I received one from an eastern Ohio friend regarding JFK and his love of golf. He also mentioned the adage about how time flies and all that jazz we oldsters say as in, "It might have been 59 years but it seems like yesterday." I thought about that and to me it doesn't seem like yesterday. It was a long time ago. 

Just as with 9/11, Pearl Harbor and the landing on the moon, I'm sure, if you're over the age of 70 you can probably recall where you were and what you were doing on that November 22 of 1963. As for me, I was halfway up the staircase going to the second floor of Boone High School when I was stopped by a student and told the president had been shot. A guy walking with me, still a friend, said out loud, "Good! I hope he's dead." I'll never forget he said this. It was one of those flip comments that I'm certain he wouldn't remember but I do and I doubt he really meant it.


Maybe, just maybe, next year when we have the 60th anniversary of his Kennedy's death we can honestly say, "Wow, it doesn't seem as though its been that long" because sixty is more of a significant number than fifty-nine.

Did you know the government records of Kennedy's assassination are closed? They don't want us to know the real story. I wonder why that is unless they know something they don't want us to know. Naw, that wouldn't happen would it?


No comments: