Thursday, December 22, 2022

107,000 And Counting

 Call your congressmen and ask questions about our state of affairs. He won't talk with you, will he? He's too busy. Okay, then write letters. Nope, doesn't work either. They're too busy to have a staffer write you back. 

Most all of us now know 107,000 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2021 and the number is most likely higher for 2022. Eighty per cent of these deaths are due to fentanyl, manufactured in Wuhan, China. "But, MJ, isn't Wuhan where the Covid was conceived?" "Absolutely it was but don't feel badly. Your congressman is on duty passing a $1.7 trillion dollar pork laden bill to benefit other countries in the world and put money into the pockets of their friends."

The Queen and I were having a brief chat this morning on what we, the people, can do to make our congressmen aware of our feelings. And then we both gave the same answer at the same time. We can't do anything. We have to roll with the punch. Our 'elected leaders' don't care about us.

Once again I repeat what my good buddy told me a few years back on this subject. His name was Dr. Robert Bowermaster. He was a retired brain surgeon, a former starter on the Ohio State Buckeye National Champion team of 1958. He hobnobbed with the rich, famous and respected. In addition, he knew political types. One morning as were were drinking coffee on his back porch he told me about pols; "The first thing that they think about when their feet hit the floor after getting out of bed in the morning is, "What can I do today to get re-elected." 

I wish Doc was alive today. I'd tell him one other thing about these people. I'd say, "What can I do today to avoid my constituents?"

No comments: