Friday, December 23, 2022

Prayers For Charlie

 The Cyclone Bomb has hit Dublin, Ohio. I knew it was coming and adequately prepared myself for the disaster by doing nothing. Cold and snow is a part of my life. "Hey, I grew up in Central Iowa!" One of my family members who did not live in the Hawkeye state is my boy, Charlie. 

There is only one aspect of cold and snow that bothers me. How the heck will Charlie react when he has to go out for his morning constitutional? It didn't take long for the answer. Chaz has three or four special unloading spots in the field directly behind our condo so I drove over to the entrance. I picked him up and carried him to his first location. As his paws hit the snowy frigid ground he immediately lifted one front paw and one back paw off the ground. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. I imagined what was going through his mind. It was either, "Help me" or "I hate you."

The sad part is, I said to no one in particular, "Let's go home." Charlie must have heard me because he hopped like a rabbit to the car and home we went.

I was thinking about how best to allow him to have the necessary BM. Yesterday, before the snow came, I should have dug up a section of his favorite grass and placed it in the much warmer garage. Stupid me. The only other recourse for him is to sneak out to the patio sliding door and drop the bomb when he thinks were not looking.

So, I say to you, say a prayer to Charlie that everything comes out okay--------and I do mean everything.




No comments: