Saturday, December 24, 2022

"Seriously, MJ, Seriously?" You Watched That Movie?

 It's the beginning of Day 2 of the Charlie Bowel Watch. Yes, my boy, Charlie, still refuses to leave the confines of his various resting places to venture outside and leave a 'gift' oh the ground----if ya' know what I mean. The lad hasn't stopped eating, though, which leads me to believe he's a medical marvel or that he has a secret hiding place.

Her Majesty and I have made an executive decision about venturing outside during this Bomb Cyclone period. We will be attending Christmas Mass via the television. This is huger than huge especially considering Her Majesty is only a few paces removed from being like a Sister of Charity nun and missing Mass for her is like driving a car with four flat tires. 

Mornings are my usual times for perusing the internet. Normally, I'll start with Fox News but this is getting to be tedious due to the crappola coming out of Washington D.C. So, I'm surfing alternate channels.

I've either become uber pathetic in my viewings or the TV offerings are worthless. I'll opt for the latter. The two Hallmark Channels we receive------well, as much as I like them seeing the same shows for the fiftieth time isn't my bag. Recently, I've come across a couple of obscure channels showing movies from the Fifties and Sixties. I'm embarrassed to say Charlie and I are watching a film from 1964 titled, 'Santa Claus Conquers The Martians'. In 1964 I would have been 18 years of age. It's very possible this movie hit the big screen at the Rialto Theater in Boone Iowa. 

I checked out the film cast and the star was a babe named Pia Zadora. For some reason that name clicked with me but I had to look up her bio. Not surprisingly this Santa Claus film was voted one of the worst movies ever made. What makes it bad for me is I probably would have shelled out the fifty cents to be in attendance. Good news for Zadora. She later went on to win an Emmy which makes her more successful than Tuesday Weld.

Okay, I'm finished with this. If you read the entire blog you'll know how boring the day is starting off. I have to believe it can't get any worse around here unless Charlie continues to hold it in. Eventually, all heck is going to break loose. When it does I'll hide in the garage and let The Queen take care of things.

It's my modus operandi.


No comments: