Wednesday, December 21, 2022

I Used To Say, "Thank The Lord For Beer"

 Back in the day when I was a young whippersnapper and had the powers of Superman cold and snow didn't bother me all that much. If the forecast called for horrid weather I'd jump in the car, head out to Kroger's and stock up on essential items in this order: Beer, bread, milk, lunch meat, potato chips and, yes, more beer.

When one is 76 years old, and I never thought I'd say this, beer is now a non-essential. All good things must come to an end.

Dublin Ohio is on the verge of what's called a 'Bomb Cyclone'. The entire upper Midwest will suffer the same fate. If I can trust the weather forecast beginning at 2 am this coming Friday our temps will drop from 40 F to 4 in an hour and stay that way for two days. The wind will howl at up to 50 mph. Want to know how concerned I am? I'm not. If a person drops the Venetian blinds nobody knows, right? 

I'm not that concerned about my boy, Charlie, either. He hates the cold worse than Satan. He can drop a deuce in below freezing weather faster than an Olympic sprinter can run a 50 yard dash. 



No comments: