Wednesday, November 25, 2015

For The Hawkeye State Life Doesn't Get Any Better

I was lying in bed last night and a thought hit me. The Iowa Hawkeyes are ranked #3 in the country and #4 in the national championship seeds. That's heady stuff.

Furthermore, The Iowa State Cyclone men's basketball squad is now ranked #4 in the nation. Hoorah!

And, for the uninitiated, a few days ago our mid-major men's basketball team knocked off the #1 team, The University of North Carolina. Yes, that North Carolina. It's the one Dick Vitale sucks up to every year along with Duke.

Realistically, this could all come crashing down but I daresay there aren't very many teams from any state who would these bragging rights. And most people would be mentally challenged to differentiate Iowa from Idaho.

As for me, I'm going to rush out and buy a copy of Sports Illustrated featuring our football team on the cover.

If you've heard of the SI cover curse forget about it. Go Hawks!

No comments: